She usually takes a very long time to get dressed and meet me so I had to take my time doing things, like putting on my shoes. After a couple of minutes, i decided to start heading toward the train. It was a beautiful day outside, sunny and warm, like a typical spring day. I took my time walking down the block toward the main avenue.
As I was walking toward the corner, a strange silence filled the air. All of a sudden, two cars collide in the middle of the avenue. The sound the two cars made when hitting each other with such force, sounded almost fake. The silence that came before and after this accident was the scariest sound I have ever heard. Nobody got hurt, but I'm sure the impact left an impression in the minds of both drivers, because it left one on me.
After the incident i continued walking toward the train to find my friend. When I met up with her I told her about what I just had witnessed and she noticed how shocked I was. She found what I had just saw very cool and interesting, but I was a bit scared.
Every time I wait at the corner of 35th street and 30th avenue, I always remember that day and that strange silence that followed the crash.
No comments:
Post a Comment