
I have to say that once you started talking about the G20 and about these riots, I realized how misinformed I was about them. Like we saw in the videos, the news made it seem like deviants were disrupting a private meeting of international officials, but some, instead, were just college students trying to get back to their dorms and away from all the commotion. This was something that I, naively, did not believe would happen in the US. The police force using warfare machinery toward the U.S. citizens, innocent people. The G20 protests, really made me want to get involved in some way, any way I can. It made me want to take part in raising awareness about this ignorance and misguidance of the people of the US. We have rights and we gladly give them up in times of crisis, but giving them up when we are just trying to get a point across, in my opinion, is un-American.
No comments:
Post a Comment